LiveWell Jefferson Virtual Worksite Wellness Summit Week 2021
Name: LiveWell Jefferson Virtual Worksite Wellness Summit Week 2021
Date: July 12, 2021
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CDT
Website: LiveWell Jefferson
Registration: Sorry, public registration for this event has been closed.
Join us for the 2021 Virtual LiveWell Jefferson Summit Week of Champions! This year’s summit will focus on the Pillars of Health that are included in the LiveWell Champion Designation Program. Each day we will discuss a topic that relates to one of the pillars, and we will provide information and resources to help you implement best practices.
Monday, July 12, 2021 | 12 – 1 PM
Pillar of Health: Design Built Environment
Designing your workspace to feel your best at home, in the office, and beyond.
Featured Speaker: Honorable Cynthia Lee Sheng, Jefferson Parish President
Presenter: Richard Baudry, DPT, OCS, Baudry Therapy Center
Tuesday, July 13, 2021 | 12 – 1 PM
Pillar of Health: Physical Activity
NEW Fitness Parks are coming your way! Learn about the importance of accessible parks for active communities and upcoming public health initiatives in Jefferson Parish.
Featured Speaker: Sarah Babcock, Jefferson Parish
Adam Mejerson, Executive Director, FITLOT
Todd Murphy, President, Jefferson Chamber
Wednesday, July 14, 2021 | 12 – 1 PM
Pillar of Health: Nutrition
Expert tips on Incorporating more protein into breakfast, PLUS recipe demos, and more!
Molly Kimball, RD, CSSD, Nutrition Journalist & Certified Dietician, Eat Fit NOLA and Ochsner Eat Fit
Maria Terry, MS, RDN, Eat Fit NOLA and Ochsner Eat Fit
Thursday, July 15, 2021 | 12 – 1 PM
Pillar of Health: Work-Life Integration
As we shift from work from home back to a hybrid or more traditional office setting, techniques for healthy work-life integration are of the utmost importance. In this session we will learn about tools for transitions, the effects of stressful experiences on our capacity to perform, and techniques to manage stress for sustained success.
Featured Speaker: Dr. Gerry Cvitanovich, Jefferson Parish Coroner
Philip Carrillo SHRM SCP, CrescentHR
Shujaa Mjasiri, TM Program
Friday, July 16, 2021 | 12 – 1 PM
2021 Healthy Business Awards Presentation followed by a LiveWell Champions Resource Panel
Awards: Congratulations to our 2021 Healthy Business Award Recipients! 2021 Awards will be presented by John LeBlanc, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Hibernia Bank and 2021 Jefferson Chamber Board Chair
LiveWell Champions Resource Panel: Moderated by Coretta LaGarde, Consumer Health Portfolio Lead, American Heart Association
Topics & Panelists:
- Caregiver Support - Sherry P. Allen, RN, BSN, Clinical Nurse Specialist for Oncology and Palliative Care, Peoples Health (A United Healthcare Company)
- Financial Wellness - Jack Sloan, Certified Financial Planner, Tax Accountant, and Insurance Agent, Sloan Financial Services
- Mental Health - Shannon Williams, MPH, Director of Education, NAMI New Orleans
- No Cost Cancer Screenings for Women in Louisiana – Rosamar Torres Martinez, MPH, Intervention Coordinator, Louisiana Breast & Cervical Health Program, LSU Health New Orleans
- Tobacco Cessation - Travis Costanza MEd. +30 CTTS, Community Outreach Program Coordinator, Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist, Ochsner Health Systems